When you are planning a drywell construction, the first thing you need to keep in your mind is the functionality of a drywell and the spot where its functionality can be enhanced. For this reason, you need to choose a perfect spot for your drywell construction. Ideally, you should start a drywell construction at a good distance from your home. Such kind of drywell construction is futuristic and appreciable in the long run.
Basic Requirements of Drywell Construction
You will need solid as well as perforated PCV piping for the drywell construction. Measure how much you require for a particular drywell construction and plan the entire drywell construction on a paper before you start working.
Step by Step Drywell Construction
- Dig approximately a 12 inches deep channel from the sewer drainspoust to the exact mark of dry well and setup any kind of required fixtures and adapter. The additional pieces that are more than the requirements can be cut to perfect the drywell construction.
- The perforated pipers must be used near the drywell but the drywell construction starts using solid pipes.
- Both these pipes must be aligned in a straight and deep channel. The solid pipe must be covered with the soil of the dug channel and must be buried deep beneath the surface. Moreover, it must be away from your home with at least one-fourth inch per foot of piping.
- The trench should be lined by a drainage stone layer and after getting this work done, you need to fix the perforated PVC piping, covering its end with a landscape fabric. After that, you are required to add some more stone and cover it with dirt to move on to the next step.
- You need to make a hole for the drywell, which can be easily made by using a shovel. The size of the well completely depends on how large you require your drywell construction to be. Here, you again need to line it with landscape fabric and fill in more drainage stone which for at least 3 to 6 inches or more. And fill in concrete drywell shell.
- Now, you need to join the drainage piping to shell, which must be extended into the well for at least 6 inches. You again need to fill in the drainage stone here, which is essential and can not be neglected and after you are done with the attaching piping to shell, attach the top and the shell of the dry well together.
- You are almost done with your drywell construction but the last stage of this entire drywell construction is setting up the install overflow valve following the manufacturer’s instructions. Wrap the top with landscape fabric and cover it up with dirt.
That completes the simple drywell construction, which can be handled alone without requiring any external help. But experts’ opinions are always valuable as they help you a lot with measurements and other such complicated steps.